Thursday 13 September 2012

Music Biography

Music during childhood

It Wasn't Me, Shaggy, 2000

Most of the music that I remember listening to during my childhood is basically what was on the radio at the time. My parents would switch on Capital FM while we were in the car then my brothers and I would listen to whatever was being played, since none of us had CD players or cassette players. This song, 'It Wasn't Me' by Shaggy, was No.1 on the UK singles charts back in 2001 so naturally it was played on air many times because of high demand, now whenever I think back to 'childhood music' I think of this song.

Music during teenage years

Knights of Cydonia, Muse, 2006

When I was 13 or so I was listening to rock music, Blink-182, Muse and Arctic Monkeys, all of which I still enjoy listening to now, but when I was younger I would listen to rock music whenever I had the chance, which was really only when I got my turn on the computer shared with my family. I think it was the energy of the instruments that attracted me the most to rock music.

Current music

Sloom, Of Monsters And Men, 2012

During the past year or so I've been listening to more mellow, relaxing music with genres such as folk and acoustic, with a bit of alternative rock or pop mixed in. Of Monsters and Men is an Icelandic band that I only discovered a few weeks ago but I found that I really liked every single song off their only album.

No comments:

Post a Comment